Designing OHS Roles/Responsibilities with Management Systems
Credits: 8 CM Credit Hours / 0.8 CEU / 0.5 CMP
May 22 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Participants will build on the basic concepts of OHS management systems (OHSMS) and apply advanced methods of organizational analysis to better identify OHS resource and integration strategies and function within a company’s organization. The course will highlight essential business concepts and principles critical to: understanding your organizational roles and responsibilities; measuring resource and staffing requirements, prioritizing essential tasks and aligning internal resources and stakeholders to ensure a successful Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) consistent with ANSI Z10, Appendix B. Ultimately, the goal is to develop OHS resource strategies that align with or help drive business strategies essential to successful implementation. Participants will learn through a combination of instructor- led discussion and case studies. Case studies will provide opportunities to apply these concepts at a site, regional, or corporate OHS level.
Provided reference materials that include a documented approach (ANZI Z 10 Appendix B), an Excel tool, as well as requirements needed, together with real-world examples on how to successfully resource OHS through systematic organizational analysis and effective strategies.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Determine the internal and external resources and essential functions for delivery of a high-performance OSH system to their organization.
- Define their organization’s OHS needs by applying the Plan, Do, Check, Act roles and responsibilities.
- Effectively align, measure, communicate, and monitor these responsibilities being performed by their organization.
- Introductions, review objectives and learning outcomes
- Identify essential functions and resource needs of an EHS organization
- Prioritize your OHS and organization’s roles and responsibilities from a PDCA standpoint
- Leveraging buy-in and action in creating an OHS organizational strategy
- Establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Course evaluations and final comments
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC416