Noise Exposure Assessment: Sampling Strategy and Data Acquisition
Credits: 8 CM Credit Hours / 0.8 CEU / 0.5 CMP
May 21 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Big Data: Data Management & Interpretation, Exposure Assessment Strategies, Noise
This PDC discusses effective design and management of noise exposure assessment campaigns, facilitates appropriate selection of hearing-conservation program enrollees, and promotes effective application of noise control resources. This course will describe protocol and instrumentation selection, statistical applications for data analysis, appropriate sample selection strategy, and data application to promote effective hearing loss prevention.
Understanding of decibel calculation and basic operation of noise measurement equipment recommended.
Participants must bring a Windows-compatible laptop and be able to install software.
Participants will receive calculation worksheets and software to assist in statistical analysis and sample selection. Participants will have hands-on workshop with current sound measurement equipment.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Determine the role of noise exposure assessment in hearing conservation programs.
- Recognize the implications of noise-exposure criteria and parameters.
- Identify proper selection of noise instrumentation for given conditions.
- Determine proper selection of data collection methodology for given conditions.
- Utilize appropriate application of statistical analyses for exposure assessment.
- Apply hands-on knowledge of application of dosimeter and sound level meter.
- Decipher noise survey report inclusion and criteria.
- Apply an understanding of statistical tool usage and report generation.
- Exposure Assessment
- Hearing Protection Devices
- Physics of Sound
- Exposure Calculations
- Hearing Conservation Programs
- Noise Sampling
- Practical Exercises
- Reports and Data Application
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC111