SS001

The Why and How of Sampling and Analyzing Biomolecules

Tuesday, May 24 | 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM

Topics:

Aerosols, Sampling and Laboratory Analysis, Science Symposia

Arranger: R. O’Mara, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN. Moderator: S. Martens, AbbVie, North Chicago, IL. Monitors: M. Hsieh, Abbvie, Vernon Hills, IL; B. Weaver, Lancaster Laboratories, Lancaster, PA.

Over 90 percent of the pharmaceutical drugs on the market today are considered small molecules (< 1000 Da) and sampling techniques to capture and analytical methods to measure them are readily available.  However, the other 10 percent are larger biomolecule drugs and this percentage is increasing.  Over the last two years, 80% of the new drugs approved by the FDA have been biomolecule drugs.  Biomolecule drugs can be of worker exposure concern, however monitoring for them can require the use of analytical techniques not normally performed on IH survey analyses.  Presenters will explain why there is a need to air monitor for large biomolecules, the analytical techniques used to measure them and field results from their work with them.

Biomolecules and ADCs – Inert or Really Bad Stuff R. Sussman, SafeBridge Consultants, Inc., New York, NY.

Monitoring Allergens in Occupational Environments: Immunoassay Methods and Development E. King, Indoor Biotechnologies Inc., Charlottesville, VA.

Challenges of Sampling for Antibody Drug Conjugates S. Woodcock, SafeBridge Consultants, Inc., Mountain View, CA.

LC/MS/MS Analysis of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs) and Other Large Biomolecules by Chemical Digestion as an Alternative to ELISA M. Rog, Bureau Veritas North America, Lake Zurich, IL.