One of the biggest benefits of the Stewardship Virtual Conference is that it allows for groups to participate together. Register once and as many people as you’d like to invite may view the conference along with you! There are no fees for additional participants.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Stewardship Virtual Conference a successful group event:
- A conference room appropriate for the size of your group
- An internet connection (wired recommended)
- Projector, screen and speakers so everyone can see and hear well
TASTY TIP Order breakfast, lunch, or snacks for your group. Or, organize it as a brown bag event and encourage people to bring their lunch! Everyone is happier when there is food!
Before the Session
- Discuss conceptions and assumptions; what level of experience do you have with the topic?
- Document participants on your roster.
During the Breaks
PARTICIPATE LIVE If you have questions, comments or feedback during the broadcasts, take advantage of the live online chat to talk with other Virtual Conference participants and submit questions to the speakers!
Take the opportunity to discuss the sessions. You might find it useful to designate a discussion leader to help facilitate conversation.
- Compare and contrast what you are learning with your current practices.
- How can you apply the new learning to your own work environment or practice?
- How does the new learning explain your current practices?
- How does the new learning fit with your notion of what a practitioner does?
- Share other resources available for this subject.
- Ask if anyone is willing to offer a dissenting view.
GIVE US FEEDBACK We’d love to hear if you organized a group and what worked well for you! If your group is feeling photogenic, take a picture and share it with us on social media using #Stewardship16