AIHA honors 15 new occupational and environmental health and safety professionals with the Distinguished Fellow Award. These individuals have been nominated by their peers and recognized for their extraordinary contributions to the industrial hygiene profession. The new distinguished Fellows will receive their award during the second annual Mark of Excellence Awards Breakfast on Wednesday, May 25 at AIHce.
“On behalf of AIHA, it is an honor to recognize this year’s distinguished Fellows for their outstanding contributions to the industrial hygiene profession and to AIHA,” said AIHA President Daniel H. Anna, PhD, CIH. “The Fellow designation has become a symbol of remarkable achievement for AIHA members, and these individuals have been recognized by their colleagues for their extraordinary accomplishments in the field.”
Fellows are nominated by a local section, special interest group, committee, or other formal AIHA entity for their achievement in the field of industrial hygiene. Individuals are approved as Fellows by the AIHA Board of Directors after a recommendation by the Awards Committee.
The new 2016 AIHA Fellows are as follows:
- Michael B. Amster, CIH, CSP, CHMM, PE – President and Principal Consultant, M.B. Amster & Associates, Inc.; nominated by the New England Local Section
- Kelly F. Bailey, CIH – Director of Safety, Health and Environmental Services, Vulcan Materials Company; nominated by the Alabama Local Section
- Lee M. Blum, PhD – Director of Occupational and Environmental Toxicology, NMS Labs; nominated by the Biological Monitoring Committee
- Pengfi Gao, PhD – Research Physical Scientist, NIOSH; nominated by the Protective Clothing and Equipment Committee
- Renae C. Goldman, CIH – Corporate Industrial Hygiene Specialist, 3M Company; nominated by the Nanotechnology Working Group
- Steven N. Hacker, CIH – Global EHS&S Manager, Novus International; nominated by the Noise Committee
- Linn D. Havelick, CIH – Owner, Havelick & Associates, LLC; nominated by the Rocky Mountain Local Section
- Ralph H. Hinterman, MPH, CIH – Senior Industrial Hygienist/Trainer; nominated by the Chicago Local Section
- Steven D. Jahn, CIH – Senior Technical Advisor, Savannah River Nuclear Solutions, LLC; nominated by the Fellows SIG
- Mark A. Katchen, CIH – Managing Principal, The Phylmar Group, Inc.; nominated by the International Affairs Committee
- Pamela A. Kostle, CIH – Industrial Hygiene Specialist, University of Wisconsin-Madison; nominated by the Sampling and Laboratory Analysis Committee
- Stuart R. Mirowitz, DrPH, CIH, CSP – Safety Manager, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals; nominated by the New York Metro Local Section
- J. Torey Nalbone, PhD, CIH – Associate Professor, University of Texas at Tyler; at-large nomination
- Ron L. Pearson, MS, CIH – Principal Consultant, Environmental Health & Safety, Inc.; nominated by the Upper Midwest Local Section
- Thomas J. Slavin, CIH, CSP, CSHM, CPEA – President, Slavin OSH Group, LLC; nominated by the Yuma Pacific Southwest Local Section
The Fellow designation is limited to no more than five percent of the AIHA membership.