Creation, Measurement, and Communication of EHS Business Value
Credits: 16 CM Credit Hours / 1.6 CEU / 1.0 CMP
May 21 & 22 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Computer Applications, IH Business Case Development, Management, Risk Assessment and Management
This workshop provides participants with the processes, tools, and skills needed to effectively identify, measure, and communicate the business value of EHS initiatives. Using tools developed over the last 15 years and proven in practice, participants will develop a project based on a provided case study scenario. The project is developed over the two-day workshop, using the software tools provided, culminating in a presentation of the project for management approval. There are 10 workshops that give each participant actual practice in the process.
Participants should have some EHS management experience and a working knowledge of MS Office computer applications.
Participants must bring a laptop.
Participants are provided with a flash drive containing the software tools used in the workshop. Participants work in groups using a case study to use the techniques and tools provided.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Investigate and define the business objectives in an organization.
- Conduct a forced-pairs comparison of business objectives.
- Use the value-weighted risk assessment tool to identify key EHS opportunities.
- Develop an effective problem statement and related objectives.
- Construct an EHS strategy map.
- Use the provided financial metrics spreadsheet to analyze financial benefits.
- Identify and measure the relative importance of non-financial benefits.
- Develop an effective management presentation.
- Introductions, Team Assignments and Workshop Strategy
- EHS Business Value
- Create Your Team Business Values
- Value Prioritization Exercise
- Value-Weighted Risk Assessment
- Problem Statement Development
- SMART Objective Development
- Developing an EHS Strategy Map
- Conducting a Financial Assessment
- Assessing Non-Financial Benefits
- Developing and Presenting the Proposal
- Using 3-in-One Charts to Communicate Project Status
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
- Group activities
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC703