Ergonomics Toolkit: In-Depth Assessment Tools - SOLD OUT
Credits: 8 CM Credit Hours / 0.8 CEU / 0.5 CMP
May 22 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Ergonomics, Risk Assessment and Management
In-depth ergonomics analysis is critical for an effective ergonomics program or process. It helps the IH, safety professional, or ergonomist determine the level of risk for musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) and how to control the risk effectively. Choosing the wrong tool in a situation can result in invalid analysis results and wasted resources (time and money). It can also result in control measures that don’t work and that may create other problems. The AIHA Ergonomics Committee has developed and maintains a compendium of U.S. and international ergonomic assessment tools to assist ergonomists, industrial hygienists, and safety professionals with job analysis. Professionals and graduate students at Auburn University developed a flowchart to help the user select the most appropriate tools. This PDC focuses on detailed, in-depth analysis tools, how to select a tool, how to apply it to determine risk, and how to use these results to develop a control plan.
Participants should have a working knowledge of ergonomics and risk factors for musculoskeletal disorders. Another PDC, Ergonomics Toolkit: Preliminary Assessment Tools is highly recommended.
Participants must bring a laptop OR tablet/iPad.
Participants will learn in-depth ergonomic assessment tools and skills necessary to identify ergonomics risk factors in diverse work settings and for multi-task jobs, keys to helping reduce prevalence and severity of ergonomics related injuries.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Complete a complex assessment using more advanced ergonomics assessment tools to identify risk factors in different work environments.
- Demonstrate how to use advanced tools to identify the body region(s) that have ergonomic risk factors present.
- Assess ergonomic risk for jobs with multiple tasks or in non-traditional work environments.
- Determine the appropriate assessment tool pertinent to each job and when to seek professional assistance for ergonomics risk evaluation.
- Recognize the nuances between the different assessment tools in identifying risky jobs.
- What is the Ergonomics Toolkit?
- Preliminary vs. In-Depth Assessments
- Review of MSD Risk Factors
- Selected In-Depth Assessment Tools and Recommended Use
- Practice Session: Software-Based Applications
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
- Group activities
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC411