Strengthening EHS Leadership and Teamwork - SOLD OUT
Credits: 8 CM Credit Hours / 0.8 CEU / 0.5 CMP
May 22 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Surveys from business and organizational executives confirm that employers want strong leadership and communication skills in their EHS professionals in addition to sound technical/scientific attributes. Understanding key principles and building leadership skills are what make the difference in achieving organizational and individual success. This course will focus on strengthening leadership skills and attributes critical to leading teams, programs, and businesses. The course workshop will focus on increasing the leadership, communications, and organizational alignment skills of the EHS professional at any point in their career. These skills are critical to optimize individual effectiveness and be a valued member of your enterprise. These are the skills necessary to make good things happen in a demanding, complex work environment and to be seen by management, peers, and subordinates as an exceptional leader.
Several valuable leadership references will be used, including: The Leadership Challenge: How to Make Extraordinary Things Happen in Organizations, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change, Who Moved My Cheese, and the DiSC Classic Paper Profile.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Leverage technical skills more effectively.
- Build and manage highly effective teams.
- Explore the Art of Listening.
- Understand personality styles to facilitate conflict resolution.
- Set priorities and utilize time more effectively.
- Influence change and intervene when required.
- Communicate in the business world and talk in the language of the ‘customer’.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Understanding Leadership
- Basic Elements of Teamwork
- Personality Styles
- Effective Communication
- Resources and Time Management
- The Value of Strategic Planning
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
- Group activities
- Interactive games
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC402