The Worst Plant: A Virtual H&S Audit - SOLD OUT
Credits: 8 CM Credit Hours / 0.8 CEU / 0.5 CMP
May 21 |
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Communication and Training, Legal, Regulatory, Guidelines, and Standards, Safety
Thousands of companies around the world currently utilize internal, external, or a combination of technical and management resources to conduct regulatory compliance audits, inspections, and assessments of their operations with the results being used as one of the company’s many health and safety performance metrics. This highly audience-participative presentation will take participants through a photographic tour of ‘the worst plant in the world’ through an assemblage of digital photographs of various regulatory compliance issues. As photos are shown, the instructors will quiz participants on the various issues noted and where they might be found in the OSHA regulations. In addition, instructors will provide case histories that back up select photos. A full-range of OHS topics will be covered, from abrasive wheels to Subpart Z.
General understanding and working knowledge of OSHA standards.
Participants must bring a laptop OR tablet/iPad.
This is a highly audience- participation-based presentation that will provide attendees with real-world examples of compliance findings from various industrial and commercial properties.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Improve their recognition skills for various workplace health and safety hazards and compliance.
- Navigate various OSHA standards, compliance directives, and letters of interpretation.
- Apply various OSHA regulations as they pertain to the topics presented.
- Interpret various regulatory issues.
- Course Approach and Learning Objectives
- Review of Several Health Topics (Hazard Communication, PPE, etc…)
- Review of Several Safety Topics (Fall Protection, Cranes, LOTO, etc…)
- Review of Several Loss Prevention Topics (Fire, Compressed Gases, etc…)
- Course Summary
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Practice exercises
- Group activities
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC113