Transformational Leadership: The Key to H&S Excellence
Credits: 4 CM Credit Hours / 0.4 CEU
May 22 |
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Communication and Training, IH Business Case Development, Management, Safety
ONLY 6 SEATS REMAINING!
This is a highly interactive PDC for H&S professionals as well as senior management designed to create awareness, stimulate interest, and build skills to foster a more transformational leadership style. The first part of the PDC will focus on the concepts, principles, and skill sets for transformational leadership (TFL). Participants will do two assessments – a self-assessment and an organizational assessment to see where they come out on the TFL scale. The second part of the PDC will focus on the application of TFL to achieve functional excellence in H&S. Examples from the journey of one company that transitioned from a primarily transactional management strategy to one that embraced transformational leadership skills will be highlighted.
An interest in understanding the importance of transformational leadership in achieving both H&S and functional excellence.
Participants must bring a laptop.
Participants will leave understanding what TFL is, how to become more transformational, and how TFL can be applied in the real world to improve not just H&S results but other critical business results.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Understand what characterizes both a transactional and transformational leader.
- Identify five critical skill sets needed to become a TFL leader.
- Explain the importance of an engaged workforce in achieving H&S excellence and how TFL leads to engagement.
- Discuss how TFL can drive excellence in other functional areas.
- See the direct relationship between TFL and improved business results.
- What differentiates transactional leadership from transformational leadership
- Concepts and principles of TFL
- Skill sets for becoming more transformational
- TFL and achieving functional excellence
- TFL assessment of the individual and their organization
- The TFL journey of one company with data- driven examples
Transfer of Knowledge
Instructors will evaluate participants understanding of the materials presented based on:
- Hands-on demonstrations and practicum
- Group activities
Course Survey Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/16PDC502